SEUK: Changing Things Up this Christmas
14th August 2023
We’re encouraging social enterprises across the West Midlands to ‘change things up this Christmas’ with this SEUK Christmas gift guide opportunity… READ ON!
… and TAKE ACTION by this Friday, 18 August 2023, 5pm!
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE UK
‘PRESENTS WITH PURPOSE’ BUY SOCIAL GIFT GUIDE OPPORTUNITY
Yes, it’s the middle of summer (apparently if only the weather knew, that would be great!) and maybe we’re all enjoying the opportunity to be outdoors enjoying a (social enterprise!) coffee with friends but Social Enterprise UK is already thinking about Christmas. If your social enterprise sells consumer products then you might be too, and SEUK wants to hear from you before Friday 18th August 2023, 5pm!
They’re preparing a ‘Presents with Purpose’ Christmas shopping guide to showcase products from across SEUK membership. Presents with Purpose will use the festive season to encourage people to buy social and support mission-led business. If you’re a social enterprise selling products straight to consumers, being included in the guide is a great way to raise your profile and boost sales.
✴ If you have a product SEUK could include in the gift guide, please send the following to email@example.com by Friday 18 August 2023, 5pm latest:
- A picture of your product – ideally hi-res (1mb+) and on a white background.
- A good quality logo – again the largest size you have and ideally EPS or SVG format.
- A short description of the product – 20 words maximum, ideally incorporating your social mission (e.g. ‘High quality Christmas socks – for each one sold, another is given to a person who is homeless’).
- A short description of what your social enterprise does and its mission – 50 words maximum.
- Which one of these six categories your product best fits into: Children, Home and garden, Clothing, Accessories, Stocking fillers or Food and drink.
- A cut-off date for Christmas postage.
- A web link – this can be your business website, eBay for Change page if you’re part of this programme, or social channels if people can shop through them.
Space is limited so SEUK may not be able to feature everyone, and they will only be able to include one product per organisation (although you can send up to three products for consideration).
If your product isn’t featured in the gift guide, there will still be opportunities to join the Christmas campaign through social media and encourage people to buy social this Christmas.
eBAY FOR CHANGE
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE B2C TRADING OPPORTUNITY
If you’re a seller on the eBay for Change programme, please send over a link to your eBay shop page to include. SEUK will be working closely with eBay for Change sellers as part of the Christmas campaign.
✴ If you’re interested in joining this programme, which helps SEUK members to drive sales online through a shopfront on such a major platform, sign up to the eBay for Change intro webinar on Thursday 17 August 2023 at 10am.