‘Our vision is for a thriving and successful social economy which supports people, communities and society to be the best, have enough and regenerate the environment. Collaboration and partnership working will overcome structural barriers, inequalities and poverty. Social economy businesses provide an essential function in today’s society, reinvesting profits and surpluses to address societal problems. ‘
To support individuals and organisations to grow the social economy to address societal problems, inequalities and poverty in the West Midlands and beyond.
As a Community Interest Company (CIC), we use our profits to support the strategic growth of the regional social economy and development of the social enterprise sector by:
- Working with the public sector to ensure that social enterprise is recognised, understood and clearly reflected in strategic and operational priorities.
- Working with the private sector businesses to increase social procurement opportunities for social enterprises as sub-contractors, suppliers and partners.
- Lobbying and advocating on behalf of the social business sector to raise profile and increase influence.
- Sharing information and news so that social enterprises are better connected and more informed.
- Raising, creating and sharing resources to enable work that will benefit the sector.