BSSEC CIC: 2023 It’s a Wrap!
19th December 2023
OUR WARMEST WISHES TO YOU AS WE WRAP UP 2023…
Sarah and I wish you an enjoyable break over the Festive holidays, however you choose to take time out for yourself, your family and your community.
While we appreciate not everyone celebrates Christmas, and this time of year is not always easy for everyone, we both wanted to share our thanks for all your support, encouragement and positivity throughout 2023.
What a year it’s been!
Want some quick stats?
- BSSEC CIC has delivered 4 strategic eco-systems Roundtables with 109 hours of expert insights and sector influencing for 74 social economy organisations, kindly funded by Barrow Cadbury Trust.
- We have worked with West Midlands Combined Authority to establish The Social Economy FORUM through 3 knowledge-sharing discussion sessions for 50 trading VCSE organisations, and we have 3 more in early 2024 along with 2 strategic Roundtables.
- Social Economy Drive 2023 was actively supported by BSSEC CIC including facilitating sector engagement for the flagship Meet The Buyer event with Department for Transport and delivering Communications support for all 7 Regional Partners.
- Extended roles see BSSEC CIC involvement in VCSE Advisory Group (DCMS), Social Economy Taskforce (WMCA), Social Enterprise Places (SEUK) and attending Social Enterprise World Form (SEWF).
- Our new website was launched in August 2023 and is being re-built with a Resources section and Case Study zone to provide valuable transparency on best practice for social economy organisations.
- Social media, Subscribers and Members have all increased which means more people know about the thriving West Midlands social economy, which has to be a good thing!
All of that sounds great doesn’t it? But it only happens with you at the heart of all that we do. We recognise, and value, the passion and commitment from all our Members, Subscribers, stakeholders, partners and connections (that means you! ????) who stand with us in our belief that growing the regional social economy will enable a fairer society for the West Midlands, and beyond.
So, from both of us and our Board… thank you!
Enjoy the break, take time to acknowledge your incredible achievements from 2023, and re-set for a fabulous, energised year ahead!
Sarah and Sallie
WEST MIDLANDS COMBINED AUTHORITY
SOCIAL ECONOMY TRAINING PROGRAMME 2024
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN JANUARY 2024.
✴ B O O K M A R K T H I S W E B P A G E
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE UK
STATE OF SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SURVEY 2023
LONG-TERM FINANCE A KEY FACTOR FOR THE SECTOR.
✴ R E A D T H E P I O N E E R S P O S T A R T I C L E H E R E
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DYNAMIC PURCHASING SYSTEM
ENGLAND’S FIRST SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DYNAMIC PURCHASING SYSTEM (SEDPS).
✴ S I G N U P T O S E D P S H E R E
NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY CENTRE
1. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/charity Small charity guide – good for those who are very small without any dedicated IT teams.
2. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/10-steps/risk-management 10 Steps to cyber security is a bit more involved.
3. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/myncsc MyNCSC brings together all the free NCSC services in one place. Some are very easy to set up… some are more involved.
4. https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/board-toolkit One for orgs with boards so more involved again but really good if you want to empower leadership to take this seriously.
KINDNESS CAFE OPENS IN BALSALL HEATH
CHANGEKITCHEN | KINDNESS CAFE OPENS – PAY IT FORWARD OPTION WITH EVERY PURCHASE.
✴ S E E M O R E H E R E