Courtesy of Business in the Community, this announcement made recently by Serco (Birmingham):
As promised here is the list of the furniture we have available, ready to go to good causes (community organisations/schools etc). This furniture is being disposed of following an office refurbishment Serco is conducting in Bournville, Birmingham.
We would like to get rid of these before Christmas if possible and they would have to be collected. If anyone wants to come in and view the furniture I can arrange this. Just to reiterate: I would prefer that they are not sold on to raise money, I want them to go direct to the organisations/schools.
We have the following (quantity listed first):
- 70 x 1.6m cantilever desks 1m x 1.6m x 0.8 m (50/50 left or right orientation)
- 18 x 1.2 x0.8m short desks (just a desk – no drawers)
- 60 x old blue 8 hour operator chairs (these a basic chairs you would have at a work station – some may be a bit grubby but in good condition)
- 2 x 1m round coffee tables yellow
- 1 x 4.6m glass boardroom table Italian design (this is really nice and worthy of anyone’s board room)
- 5 x L shaped wood effect desks 1.2 x 1.6m
- 4 x half moon tables 1.2 x 0.6m (2 halves make 1.2 diameter round table)
Everything offered on a first come, first served basis, to be collected and transported by the recipient before Christmas. Here’s hoping you have some worthy causes in mind!
Contact: Jane Capewell at Serco, email jane <dot> capewell <at> serco <dot> com, telephone 0121 683 4159.