Healthwatch Birmingham, the independent champion representing public and patients’ experiences of using local health and social care services, has just published its Annual Report 2018/2019.
The report details the organisation’s most successful year to date:
- 59% more people’s experiences being heard and shared.
- 13 investigation reports published to influence positive changes to services.
- More people from diverse communities have had the opportunity to speak up.
- People getting the links they need to health and social care support.
- Its work recognised and awarded at a national level.
It has also been nationally recognised for its work, receiving Highly Commended at the National Healthwatch Network Awards and runner-up in the Patient Experience Network National Awards (PENNA) awards. It also achieved ‘Best in Class’ as a Healthwatch Organisation of the Year.
These successes, according to its Chairperson, Danielle Oum, were instrumental in helping the organisation win the continued contract to deliver Healthwatch Birmingham services for the city and all its communities.
If you have a health and social care experience you wish to discuss with Healthwatch Birmingham you can arrange a meeting by emailing the team or ringing 0800 652 5278 .