City Drive 2019 starts today, an annual week showcasing social enterprise across Birmingham city, organised by iSE CIC on behalf of supporters, sponsors and the wider sector. This year City Drive takes place over six days for the first time with 19 events and over 750 ticket places available. Many events are free to attend.
Birmingham became a recognised Social Enterprise City last April and there have been positive responses from within the social enterprise sector, private and public sectors to this accreditation from SEUK.
For five years iSE and its partners have used City Drive events to campaign and raise awareness of social enterprise, showcasing and celebrating the incredible social enterprises across Birmingham that contribute to the regional social economy and lead on innovative solutions to some of the social challenges our city faces.
There is a clear purpose behind City Drive with the following five aims adhered to and built on, year-on-year:
- Start a social enterprise.
- Work for a social enterprise.
- Volunteer for a social enterprise.
- Invest in a social enterprise.
- Buy from a social enterprise.
City Drive highlights this year include:
- Birmingham’s only canal boat-hotel, Boatel UK, doing canal tours.
- Walking tours in Digbeth with HS2 and the Birmingham Music Archive.
- An Arts Trail.
- Two localised micro-funding events (one in Digbeth and one in Soho).
- A social enterprise festival with over 50 social enterprise trading stands, plus Birmingham’s first Ethical Wedding Fair.
→ There are still some places available and you can find all event information here.
Follow on TWITTER @iSE_CIC FACEBOOK @iSEsocialenterprise INSTAGRAM @ise_social_enterprise
Share event media #CD2019 #brumSEcity