8.30am – 10.00am on Thursday 15th August
iSE, Avoca Court, 23 Moseley Road, Digbeth
Birmingham B12 0HJ
iSE has just announced that it will host a breakfast briefing to support social enterprises seeking to apply to the Queen’s Enterprise Award for Sustainable Development.
Chief executive Sarah Crawley says that social enterprise still has a quiet voice in the wider business community. Therefore, as part of iSE’s work to boost recognition of the sector, eligible social enterprises are being encouraged to make an application to the Queen’s Enterprise Award for Sustainable Development. The closing date is the 10th September 2019.
This will also support our collective efforts Birmingham Social Enterprise City.
To support organisations that want to make an application iSE is holding a breakfast briefing on 15th August from 8.30 am until 10am. Amongst the guest participants will be BELU Water’s chief executive Karen Lynch, who made a successful application last year and will share her experience of the process.
The Queen’s Enterprise Award is an opportunity to promote the valuable contribution that your social enterprise makes to the sustainable development of Birmingham. Successful applicants are invited to a royal reception, where the award — a crystal trophy and a Grant of Appointment (an official certificate) — is presented by one of the Queen’s Lord-Lieutenants. Award-holders are permitted to fly the Queen’s Award Flag at their offices and use its emblem on marketing materials.
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise your enterprise must:
- Be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
- File your Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) with two years of completed accounts.
- Be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management.
- Have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents.
- Demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility.
- Show how you have achieved outstanding sustainable development for more than 2 years.
- Provide evidence of the benefits or positive outcomes of your actions or interventions
Join iSE from 8.30am – 10.00am on Thursday 15th August. Breakfast will be available!
→ Queen’s Award for Sustainable Development — blog and news.