Hire Vision Roadshow Events
How social enterprise is providing employment for disabled people
Action for Blind People believes in the capabilities of blind and partially sighted people – and we believe you do too. With support from Action, a few changes to the work environment and, with the right technology, most businesses can employ a person with sight loss.
Come to a Hire Vision event to:
- See what help is available to grow social enterprises and social firms.
- Learn best practice from your business peers who employ disabled people.
- Get practical support and resources from experts from charities and the Government.
- Build on new and replicable practice from the Social Enterprise and Employment Development (SEED) project.
- Ensure compliance with the Equality Act 2010.
- See how technology is making more jobs accessible.
Hire Vision events will take place on the following dates:
- 6 September 10.00am – 1.00pm, Metrocentre Marriott, Newcastle
- 11 September 10.00am – 1.00pm, RNIB College, Loughborough
- 13 September 10.00am – 1.00pm, St Georges Centre, Leeds
Who should attend this event?
- HR Directors and managers
- Employment advisers
- Social enterprise personnel
- Social entrepreneurs
- Training and skills managers
Sue carried out a six month paid placement at Gateway Family Services through Action for Blind People’s SEED Project. Following on from the placement, Gateway offered Sue employment, helping to transform her confidence and self-belief. Sue said,
“Gateway has recognised my capability, not the disability. Their support has boosted my self-esteem, showing that being visually impaired shouldn’t be a barrier to work. I can contribute as much as my sighted colleagues, thanks to the company’s innovation and support.”
The SEED Project has supported 128 placements since September 2009. To find out more about supporting blind and partially sighted people into employment, book a place on a Hire Vision event near you. To book a place or for more information contact Kerry Chase on 0113 386 2800 or download the leaflet (image above) for full contact details.